GHALE-GAUN "THE UNIQUE DESTINATION"
Travel!!! Before you run out of time. Ghalegaun is a popular scenic tourist destination with an elevation of 2020m which comprises of the exceptional Gurung culture and their traditional village lifestyle. As it is located at the foothills of the Lamjung Himal, so it has some of the best view of the surrounding mountain ranges along with deep valleys with river basins.
400 years ago, since the era of the Shah dynasty, the Lamjung district spreading from the hilly area to the North Himalayas has kept its historical, religious, and cultural significance till today. Comprised of people from Gurung and Ghale community, the district acts as a symbol of bravery, courage, and strength. The communities here portray their art and culture in the rhythm of the Himalayan background. To wander around its interesting history, amazing sceneries of the mountains, playful culture, and the cheerful attitude of its people, we can visit Lamjung. One can really enjoy the homestay with delicious organic food together. The people of Ghalegaun are very warm and friendly and strive to provide their precious guests with the best hospitality. They serve you fresh organic food straight from their garden and fields. The meal is also prepared in the firewood which brings out the original taste of traditional cuisines. The visit to Ghalegaun and Bhujung can be memorable in the lifetime.
- This village was founded 700 years ago has been included in Annapurna Conservation Area.
- The Gurung people stay in 80 households and 45 are taken by Dalit people.
- With the aim of establishing village as a remote tourism homestay destination it was established in 2057 B.S.
- 30 houses are offered as a homestay now.
- There are 126 rooms in this 30 household that are operated as a homestay
- For the honor of ancestors, the locals have built a park with a statue of the last king of the Ghale dynasty.
- SAARC village tourism the museum has also established to portray the spectacular spectrum of Gurung culture which have customs, tools, and weapons.
- Many places to visit like tea garden, sheepfold, view tower, and Uttakanya temple.
Besides the scenic destination, the warm hospitality of people is also bound to overwhelm visitors. Ethnic food, traditional handicraft, Gurung culture, Gurung museum, panoramic mountain views, and natural sceneries are the prime attraction of the Ghalegaun. Here food items such as grains, milk, vegetable, meat items, etc are produced locally. Local traditional dances such as Dohori, Serka, Ghyabring, Jhakri, Ghantu, etc are performed during clients' stay. Ghalegaun is always a good idea for your vacation in Nepal because it leaves you speechless and then turns you into a storyteller. 700 years ago, people who lived in the Manang came to this village in search of the settlement. After that, these villages started getting bigger as people began to grow their lives in these village peripheries. Every Nepali year and Buddha Jayanti Gurung people celebrate a cultural dance called Ghanta. To enjoy and rejoice in the memorable Ghalegaun Homestay and share the experience with Skypark Travel and Tours are worth your time and every penny.
If you are looking for a place to see real authentic Nepal and want to explore traditional cuisine(food) made of organic vegetables and fruits, this is the place to be.
--Blog by Kohinoor Gurung Traveller